Saturday, February 20, 2010

Deadpool#19 REVIEW (It's about time this came out)

Deadpool#19

Written by: Daniel Way

Art by: Carlo Barberi

Inks by: Juan Vlasco and Sandu Florea

Price: $2.99

Publisher: Marvel Comics

So here we finally have the 19th issue of Deadpool! Was it worth the two month wait? Hey, why aren't you reviewing the new Loeb Hulk book, dood? I personally like to not be offended when I read comics. Me too. Have you no good taste in comics? Wait... why are you guys ALWAYS here when I try to do a Deadpool review? It's in da contract, man. What? He's actually telling the truth for once. Fine, whatever. Why so frustrated bro? Don't you remember how much fun we had in our review of Deadpool#17? Unfortunately. Let's just get on with the review... people have probably already stopped reading this because I'm talking to myself. Hey! We never did that review of Amazing Spider-Man#611 you promised we'd do!

Just like every issue of Deadpool before this one it is packed with a lot of fun and humor, which makes this a good book to read if you're stressed or depressed. Dood... you just rhymed... So in this issue Deadpool seeks Spider-Man and I love the part when Deadpool says, "Spidey! What up, baby boy? Haven't seen you since Amazing Spider-Man#611!" We were supposed to review that book... *sniff*. I'm sorry if I'm busy and don't have a lot of free time to review stuff on the blog... anyway Deadpool also eats a lot of hot dogs and burps and farts throughout his first incounter with Spider-Man in this book which is also pretty hilarious. Didja see the New Ultimates ad in dis book??? Can't wait!!! XDXDXDXDXDXDXD!!! What is the matter with you? We shoulda left him at the Grand Canyon. I agree. Anyway the whole dynamic of this book is great. It is very light-hearted and silly and is a great way of cheering up. Although I did miss Paco Medina's art Barberi did a nice job with the art chores. Ah screw dem! Get Liefeld on the book!!! No. No way. Although the Hit Monkey character is a bit stupid and silly I'm interested in seeing where they take his character in the upcoming issues. I am a bit worried about the quality of this book suffering a bit from the over-exposure of Deadpool. Seeing him everywhere at once gets really annoying really fast and I think that's starting to factor in to the quality of this book and not in a good way. Overall this issue was enjoyable and I hope the clever silliness and hilariousness of this book stay for a long time.

Rating: B

Stay fresh everybody!!! Whatever that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment