Thursday, December 10, 2009

Army of Darkness: Ash Saves Obama#4 REVIEW (Who saves the day? Does Ash? Does Obama? Does Anyone?)

Army of Darkness: Ash Saves Obama#4

Writer: Elliott Serrano

Artist: Ariel Padilla

Price: $3.50

Publisher: Dynamite Entertainment (See, I don't read just DC and Marvel!)

It's finally here! The thrilling conclusion to Ash Saves Obama! The deadites are trying to take over the world by trying to turn Obama into one of their own. Overall this story is clever and well executed. The deadites are smarter than we think! They're not just brain-eating undead beings, ya know! What I think is one of the best parts of this mini-series is that a female character is the main hero that gets everyone out of the mess. I like this because most comic books treat women as inferior to men (coughbrianmichaelbendiscough) and I believe that is the main reason why not a lot of girls read comic books which is unfortunate. So kudos Elliott for giving me a little bit of hope I had once lost in the comic book industry. Also the bit where Obama burns the necronomicon comic was pretty cool, Another thing that impressed me in this book... I never thought I be buying a comic with Obama in it, but this mini-series is better than I thought it would be and I believe people who love comedy and fun team-ups should give this book a try. Humor is pretty frequent in this book as well, but it's clever and well thought out humor, so if you love potty humor stay away from this book. So I really enjoyed the writing.

Padilla's art is also nice as well. It adds to the feel of the story, but at times it looked a little different or inconsistant, but otherwise it was good. I... don't know what else to say about the art and the writing other than overall I really enjoyed this series and it should have more attention than it's getting. Well done Elliott and Ariel!

Rating: B+

Also Elliott Serrano is part of comicculturewarrior so if you want to have great comic book discussions and see and read some of the greatest opinions, if not the GREATEST, opinions about comic books and comic culture check out their Youtube channel and their blog!

Click here to visit their blog!

Click here to visit their Youtube channel!


What are you waiting for?!?!?!? Click those links already!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment